Friday, July 8, 2011

Thank you Officer

Yesterday Sloane and I took a visit to the Clive Police Department for a car seat check and a nice chat with Lt. John. 

Despite the fact that she wasn't quite as much in awe of him as I would have liked her to be I do think she was listening.  He told her to pretend her buckle was a "hot potato" so now when we get in the car she always tells me, "no touch, hot. hot. hot" :)

The number of times she's unbuckled herself has decreased since visiting but I'm banking on a replacement clip (which Lt. John recommended) will keep her in for good! 

I'd love to elaborate more but we've got a jam packed weekend ahead with lots left to do! 

It's hard to believe that 2 years ago today I was waiting in Winterset for John to pick me up so we could go to the hospital and have a baby!  Tomorrow Sloane's two!?!  Can you believe it?

She seems so grown up!  As John would say, "she's like a mini human."  (I think he means adult)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment