Monday, May 2, 2011

"John!?"

I'm afraid I've created a monster....

I hope I'm not alone here but... I often "yell" for John.  For example, I'm upstairs and he's downstairs and I need him to bring me something (b.c my legs are "broken" and I can't do it myself) or he's out in the yard and I need him to come inside to look at something on the computer- very important stuff here.  Anyways, it's always the same tone and pitch.  I'd like to think it's a short, sweet, filled with affection, "John?".  John would probably tell you it's an annoying, nagging, shrill.  :)

Well, it never really occurred to me how many times a day holler at him until I was carrying Sloane on my hip and were were standing on the deck waiting for John to come home.  She spotted him and yelled in the exact same pitch and tone that I do.... "JOHN"! 

While I've seen her give expressions or have mannerisms that remind me of either John or myself I've never heard her sound like either one of us until yesterday.  She sounded exactly like I did.  I thought it was hilarious.  John did not. 

If you've seen the movie Wedding Crashers you might be familiar with Will Farrell's line, "Mom!  I want some meatloaf."   I'm embarrassed to say that I might sound strikingly similar to that at times but it didn't top last night when John had strapped Sloane in her seat and while waiting for dinner she yelled, "JOHN!" Clear as day from the dining room. 

Ohhhhh I love that girl.  She's one of a kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment