Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!






I have a riddle for you today...

Cooks and cleans, doesn't hesitate to change diapers or give baths.  
Gentle enough to sing a song at bedtime but tough enough to put you in time-out.  

Who am I???

JOHN!
That's right everyone....he does it all and he's all mine (and Sloane's).  John works hard all day long and doesn't even blink an eye when he comes home to a messy house, crying child and a stressed wife.  He can take it all in stride with a smile on his face.  Yes, it's kinda annoying at times (he is rarely in a "bad mood" because it's a "choice".  I wish I had that skill...). Sloane and I are so thankful to have him in our lives. 

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my Dad (and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today as well).  If he had a dollar every time I threw a softball in his face when I got frustrated he'd be RICH.  :)  But his patience and encouragement have provided support when I needed it the most- even if I didn't "want to hear it".  Thanks Dad!  Love you!  

When I asked John what he admired about his dad he replied without hesitation, "He leads by example."  and I agree.  The day before our wedding the whole wedding party arrive at the reception site to decorate so there would be less to do the following day.  Well, the idea was great but I forgot half of the decorations.  Typical bridezilla...  I threw a fit, cried and was convinced the day was ruined (dramatic, I know).  I'll never forget Ernie-calm, cool and collected as usual hugged me and reassured me that it's going to be fine.  He was right.   

Happy Father's Day to all the great dad's out there.  Thank you dads!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment